Office of Multicultural Affairs


Can undocumented students attend KU?

Yes, to apply to the University of Kansas, complete the appropriate admission application. 

Questions? Contact Kaci Bray, Assistant Director for Diversity and Equity Outreach.

Do undocumented students qualify for in-state tuition?

Kansas law KS 76-731a allows undocumented immigrants to pay in-state tuition if they meet specific in-state requirements. Click here to see if you qualify.

If you qualify for in-state tuition based on the requirements, submit this application and affidavit to the Office of the University Registrar within 30 days of the first day of your first semester. The application includes an 'affidavit' meaning a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation to be used as evidence, which must also be signed by a notary public.

Tuition rate questions?  Contact Jeff Roberts, Assistant University Registrar.   

DEI Events Calendar
Home to 50+ departments, centers, and programs, the School of the Arts, and the School of Public Affairs and Administration
KU offers courses in 40 languages
No. 1 ranking in city management and urban policy —U.S. News and World Report
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
KU Today