*** This page is still a work in progress and we will continue to include additional resources, and is also in full recognition that undocumented students are not only from Latin/x communities. Visit this link for Lawrence housing, food and safety resources.
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas – Citizenship Preparation Program: This non-profit agency provides free need-based resources. Call or visit their website to learn more. Services include healthcare, legal advising, financial education, food, housing, utility, clothing, and more. There is a Lawrence agent who you can call at 785-856-2694. They hope to have a new location open in Lawrence in November 2016, but you can contact the agent who works remotely until then. Go here for the Lawrence site.
- Main Website: https://catholiccharitiesks.org/
- Phone Number: 785-856-2694
- Address: Several locations throughout Kansas depending on the services you are seeking – visit this page to find resources based on service and additional locations.
Centro Hispano Resource Center: Focus is on health, educational and social service needs of Latin/x families in Lawrence, KS. Located at the corner of 13th and Kentucky next to St. John's church, Centro Hispano helps to bridge the gap between people's needs and the available community resources by providing translation and interpreting services, and empowering people by making them aware of what is available in their community and how they can best utilize their resources. As a drop in center clients can stop in or call in advance to make an appointment.
- Website: Centro Hispano
- Phone Number: 785-843-2039
- Address/Google Map: 204 W. 13th St. (Front Of House) Lawrence, KS 66044
El Centro Kansas City: The mission of El Centro is to strengthen communities and improve lives of Latinos and others through educational, social, and economic opportunities. For example, specific services students can utilize include tax preparation and healthcare navigation.
- Website: http://www.elcentroinc.com/
- Phone Number: 913 677 - 0100
- Address/Google Map: 650 Minnesota Ave. Kansas City, KS 66101
Consulado de Carrera de México en Kansas City: The Consulate of Mexico in Kansas City serves the Mexican communities throughout Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Services include DACA advising and visa and immigration services. You can visit this page specifically to learn about DACA and contact them at 816 556-0800 (Ext. 713 or 734), to receive free legal advice from immigration lawyers who offer weekly consultations at the Consulate.
- Website: https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/kansascity/
- Phone Number: 816 556 - 0800
- Address/Google Map: 1617 Baltimore Ave. Kansas City, MO 64108
Just Food: Just Food is the food bank in Douglas County, supplying more than 40 partner agencies with frozen meat and fresh produce as well as bread and food donated from community drives. Just Food also specializes in direct client service through programs like Just Grow, Just Cook and Cooking Healthy Futures. Visit this page for food resources in Douglas County.
- Website: http://justfoodks.org/
- Phone Number: 816 556 - 0800
- Address/Google Map: 1000 E. 11th St., Lawrence, KS 66046
Greater Kansas City Hispanic Development Fund (HDFKC): HDFKC focuses on funding and scholarships for Hispanic students in Greater Kansas City (including Clay, Jackson, Platte, Johnson, and Wyandotte counties). Visit the Scholarships page to learn more.
- Website: http://hdfkc.org/
- Phone Number: 816 268 - 3289
- Address/Google Map: 1055 Broadway Blv. Suite 13 Kansas City, MO 64105
Kansas/Missouri Dream Alliance: A youth-led organization working in Kansas and Missouri, educating, advocating, organizing and providing students with resources necessary to reach their higher education goals.