Office of Multicultural Affairs


Can you attend KU without U.S. citizenship?

Yes, you can still attend the University of Kansas with an undocumented immigration status.  

To apply to the University of Kansas, complete the appropriate admission application.

Questions? Contact Kaci Bray, Assistant Director for Diversity and Equity Outreach.

What about tuition? 

Prior to the federal government's DACA program, the state of Kansas passed a residency law in 2004 that allows undocumented immigrants to pay in-state tuition if they qualify by meeting specific in-state requirements. Click here to see if you qualify under the Kansas law KS 76-731a. 

If you qualify based on the requirements, this application and affidavit must be submitted each semester to the Office of the University Registrar within 30 days of the first day of the semester.  The application includes an 'affidavit' meaning a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation to be used as evidence, which must also be signed by a notary public.  If you have questions about tuition assessment please contact Joy Grisafe-Gross in the Registrar's Office at or 785-864-5128.

For questions on other issues visit the people tab to this website to learn who to contact.  

Rock Chalk!  

OMA Twitter Feed

OMA Facebook Feed
DEI Events Calendar
Home to 50+ departments, centers, and programs, the School of the Arts, and the School of Public Affairs and Administration
KU offers courses in 40 languages
No. 1 ranking in city management and urban policy —U.S. News and World Report
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
KU Today